As a cost-cutting measure, the chrome tip was deleted on all models with the HO engine starting with 2003 model year production. The OEM tip is not available separately, and if desired must be purchased as one assembly with the muffler. A much cheaper alternative is to purchase an aftermarket exhaust tip such as the model 35171 from Magnaflow, shown below.
Jeeps Unlimited member Kodiak added a Magnaflow exhaust tip to his 2002 V8 Limited. The Magnaflow tip, which features double-wall construction and rolled oval edges, is the closest match to the factory HO exhaust tip. It has an inlet diameter of 3". The Magnaflow tip is available from Kolak.
P/N 82208472 Chrome Exhaust Tip, V8 $89.00
P/N 82208473 Chrome Exhaust Tip, 6-cyl. $89.00
2. Photo of tailpipe after being cut
3. Photo of piece that was cut off
4. Photo of the new Mopar chrome tip and installation clamp
6. Tighten the clamp bolt using a 15mm socket or box wrench
7. Confirm that there is at least 1" (25mm) minimum clearance between the chrome pipe and the vehicle fascia
8. View of the finished installation